AR-News: (GA) 'Thin green line' hunts violators

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 02:48:05 EST 2003

 The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: 12/21/03
By CHARLES SEABROOK
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Responsible for breaking the illegal wildlife trade in the United States are
233 special agents with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. This "thin green
line" pursues the perpetrators who smuggle, poison, hunt or otherwise harm
endangered wildlife.
Only two of the agents are assigned to Georgia. Florida, one of the country's
smuggling hot spots, has five. Some states have none.

full story:
http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/1203/21smugglingx.html

My choice for fashion is compassion ... They need it more than we do."