AR-News: (OR) Is city hall the purr-fect place for animals?

Animalara2003 at Animalara2003 at
Fri Dec 19 20:35:39 EST 2003

The Daily Astorian
hwarriner at

LORI ASSA — The Daily Astorian
“City Boy” also known as “C.B.” is a fixture at the Cannon Beach City Hall.
City councilors will be addressing if it’s appropriate to have animals in the
city’s buildings.

Cannon Beach tackles liability issue of city workers bringing pets to work
CANNON BEACH — City Boy loves his home at the Cannon Beach City Hall.

The light-colored feline visits city officials and attends every City Council
meeting. And his friend, City Kitty, has resided near the city’s shop area
for about 10 years. But is it appropriate to have an animal in any of the city’s
public buildings?

That’s the question City Manager Peggy Coats is wrestling with, after Cannon
Beach resident Charles Herndon expressed concern to the city council when he
saw a dog in a public worker’s truck. Herndon was worried about liability
issues, which “rightfully, he should be,” Coats said.

My choice for fashion is compassion ... They need it more than we do."