AR-News: (FL) Tempers rise at pet store protest in Pembroke Pines

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 00:45:20 EST 2003

By Nicole T. Lesson
Staff Writer
Posted December 14 2003

Pembroke Pines -- About 40 protesters gathered in front of a pet store
Saturday to show their dissatisfaction with the business, prompting store workers to
stage their own counter-demonstration nearby. Six people filed a lawsuit
Thursday against Wizard of Claws, 9113 Taft St., saying they purchased dogs that
later became sick or died. They said the store misrepresents the quality of its
puppies, and they are asking for reimbursement for the price of their dogs
and veterinary bills.

"There is no foundation to this lawsuit," store manager Jim Anderson said
Saturday. "We don't buy from puppy mills."

full story:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-cdogdemo14dec14,0,3132250.s
tory?coll=sfla-news-broward

"As custodians of the planet it is our responsibility to deal with all
species with kindness, love, and compassion. That these animals suffer through human
cruelty is beyond understanding. Please help to stop this madness."
-- Richard Gere