AR-News: (PA) Wildlife: Windows a real pain for birds

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 00:41:27 EST 2003

Sunday, December 14, 2003
Thump! Another feathered body slammed into the porch window. It's a sickening
sound I hear almost daily. Yesterday it was a junco.
Often the bird flies away, seemingly unhurt, but I wonder how many survive
long enough to totally regain their senses. Many birds die instantly from these
collisions.

full story:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03348/251112.stm

"As custodians of the planet it is our responsibility to deal with all
species with kindness, love, and compassion. That these animals suffer through human
cruelty is beyond understanding. Please help to stop this madness."
-- Richard Gere