AR-News: (OR) Turkey story was fowl

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 04:41:34 EST 2003

http://news.statesmanjournal.com/article.cfm?i=71894

December 6, 2003

In modern society, it is possible to adopt vegetarianism and lead a healthy,
happy life. Turkey need not be the centerpiece of every table across America.

Conversely, turkey should not sit at your table, either. Southern Oregon
Animal Rights Society treasurer Gina Myers’ attempt to anthropomorphize fowl by
serving them Thanksgiving dinner at her table is an offense to the intelligence
of our society (“Turkeys join humans at table for vegetarian Thanksgiving,”
Nov. 27).

That it would be picked up by the wire and reprinted across the country is
even more outrageous.

Turkeys are not human, nor do they possess the intelligence and desire for
human attention that Myers lavishes on her fowl. I can make a pet of a wild
skunk, even invite it to dinner, but they certainly don’t make great pets or
guests!

This inane publicity stunt merely illustrates the ridiculous extent to which
animal-rights groups will go to “educate” the dumbed-down masses.

Unfortunately, they know any publicity is good publicity — and papers like
the Statesman Journal are only too happy to oblige. Please don’t insult our
intelligence in the future with such drivel.

—Charles Prince

Rickreall

"Until we have the courage to recognize cruelty for what it is, whether its
victim is human or animal, we cannot expect things to be much better in this
world, we cannot have peace among men whose hearts delight in killing any living
creature.  By every act that glorifies or even tolerates such moronic delight
in killing we set back the progress of humanity." Rachel Carson