AR-News: (OH) A Liberal's Thanksgiving

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 20:00:57 EST 2003

By Doug Hagin on 11/25/03
Printer friendly version

Thanksgiving! It means so many things. Turkey, giving thanks, turkey,
football, more turkey, time spent with family eating turkey, reflecting on the
blessings in our lives and of course Maalox moments from all the turkey.

This most American holiday has so many wonderful traditions, yet many people
have genuine difficulties during this day. Many of the traditions of
Thanksgiving surely must be disturbing to certain Liberals.

Surely this day must cause great offenses to those afflicted with perpetual
offendeditis. So before we partake in our feasts let us take a somewhat
sarcastic look at what Thanksgiving might mean to some way out Leftists.

First off, naturally, must be the animal rights types who surely suffer great
consternation during Thanksgiving. I mean come on! Thanksgiving is much to do
with people, whom animal rights types loath, eating animals, which these same
animal rights types love.

Now of course no one with any decency supports cruelty to animals but in the
real world the most important jobs turkeys have is to be on the table in time
for Thanksgiving. To most people this makes perfect sense. But to a PETA
member this is blasphemous!

So every Thanksgiving animal rights types weep and gnash their teeth and
curse all of us who eat these birds. While the rest of America is trying to
justify that third piece of pecan pie while trying to stay awake for the Cowboys
game, the PETA members are munching carrot sticks and crying for their departed
turkey brothers. Now is this any way to enjoy a holiday?
Then of course there are the radical feminists who must also surely despise
this holiday. Think about your typical stone-faced, perpetually angry radical
feminist and what they must surely suffer on this day.

full story:
http://www.americandaily.com/item/3631

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can
do nothing for them, or to them."  (Malcolm Forbes, 1919-1990)