AR-News: (OR) Audubon Society favors keeping cats indoors

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 00:23:37 EST 2003

11/17/03
BOB SALLINGER
T im Sullivan's article in The Oregonian ("Cat Numbers Pose Threat to Urban
Wildlife," Nov. 14) raised many important issues but ultimately perpetuated the
stereotype of cat lovers vs. bird lovers, Sylvester vs. Tweety. While Audubon
Society of Portland is very concerned about the impacts of free-roaming cats
on our native wildlife, I think our approach is more long-term and complex.

full story:
http://www.oregonlive.com/public_commentary/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/editoria
l/106890137150090.xml

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way
it's animals are treated." ...Mahatma Gandhi