AR-News: (FL) PETA expresses beef with Outback

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 20:44:19 EST 2003

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2003/11/03/daily23.html?jst=b
_ln_hl
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said Tuesday that it has
purchased 80 shares of Outback Steakhouse common stock.
This enables the animal rights organization to attend annual meetings and
submit shareholder resolutions. Previously, the group pressured fast-food chains
to instruct their suppliers to adopt animal welfare reforms, a media release
stated.
Tampa-based Outback Steakhouse operates chain restaurant concepts, including
the Outback Steakhouse restaurants, Carrabba's Italian Grill and Fleming's
Prime Steakhouse.
The closing price Tuesday of Outback Steakhouse (NYSE:OSI) stock was $42.37.
The company had 74.9 million shares outstanding.

"I would not enter on my list of friends the man who needlessly sets foot
upon a worm." - Cowper