AR-News: THURSDAY AUGUST 14 and FRIDAY AUGUST 15 Tabling-Help Needed!!! -NYC

סמדר rumsiki at netvision.net.il
Wed Aug 13 21:25:53 EDT 2003

From:easyveganalerts at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Thurs. and Friday Tabling-Help Needed!!! (NYC)

THURSDAY AUGUST 14 and FRIDAY AUGUST 15

ANTI - ANIMALS IN ENTERTAINMENT OUTREACH TABLING EVENTS--
WE NEED HELP!!

(Last Friday's event went really well but we need more volunteers at this
weeks'
2 events)

In Defense of Animals and League of Humane Voters of NY are holding 2 more
tabling events with video for the NYC Animals in Entertainment Campaign. The
goal is to continue to get as many NYC residents who are opposed to the use of
animals in entertainment (rodeos, circuses etc) to sign our petition/database.
This event needs as many volunteers as possible to either help us staff the
table, talk to passer-bys about the cruelty of using animals in entertainment,
leaflet, or obtain petition signatures. You can do whichever task(s) you feel
most comfortable doing, and we are there to help!

LOCATION- Easy- to reach PARKCHESTER SECTION OF THE BRONX.
Our table located right outside the PARKCHESTER- E. 177 STREET SUBWAY STOP on
the #6 train, only 40 minutes or less from Grand Central Station.

TIME: 4 PM - 8 PM. Come for part of the event, or even better, all of the
event.

If questions about possible rain on the day of the event, call Joyce on the
day of event at 718-807-6748, or check the EVENT HOTLINE at 212-462-3068.

We hope to gather a great number of petitions signed for ouir campaign
against the use of animals in entertainment.  Hope to see you there!  PLEASE RSVP!

THANKS!

For the animals, your health and the environment,
practice non-violence ~ Go Vegan!
See www.veganoutreach.org

Tell of your passion of the causes you fight for!

"Hunting ... the least honorable form of war on the weak".

- Paul Richard

Don't just question animal abuse. Interrogate it, impugn it, tear it down, dismember it, bury it, and when the mood strikes you, dance on its grave!

"My doctrine is this: that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt."

- Anna Sewell, (English Novelist)