AR-News: US - We The Planet Goes On A Road Trip

Orville A Knudsen oak at waste.org
Wed Aug 6 23:32:08 EDT 2003

We The Planet Goes On A Road Trip
http://music.ign.com/articles/432/432474p1.html

QUOTE:

August 06, 2003 - The organizers of the wildly successful We the Planet
Festival, which was held in San Francisco this past April and attracted
more than 10,000 people, are taking the spirit of the event on the road!

Tracy Chapman, Alicia Silverstone, Alice Walker, Woody Harrelson & more
have signed on to participate in a nationwide tour of activism, discussion
& music. The series of concerts are being sponsored by CLIF Bar and will
address everyday solutions to global problems.

To date Julia Butterfly Hill, Tracy Chapman, Alicia Silverstone, Patch
Adams,Alice Walker, Woody Harrelson, Concrete Blonde front-woman Johnette
Napolitano,
singer/songwriter Michelle Shocked, Howard Lyman, Ben Taylor, raw foodist
Renee Underkoffer have all confirmed their participation in what will
become a rotating lineup.
These performers and activists are set to travel the U.S. in a bus powered
solely by vegetable oil and bio
diesel fuel.

In addition, the food will be vegan/organic, and much of the tour's
promotional material and tickets will be printed on tree-free and recycled
paper, courtesy of Living Tree Paper Company (www.livingtreepaper.com).

We The Planet will travel the West Coast from September 11-14, the Midwest
and Northeast from September 15-October 4, and Southern California on
November 8 and 9. For updated information, visit wetheplanet.org.

--
http://www.waste.org/~oak/