AR-News: No Compromise wants to hear from you!

kim at nocompromise.org kim at nocompromise.org
Wed Jul 30 16:32:44 EDT 2003

Also, don't forget to visit the No Compromise table at AR2003!

***

Have you read the stimulating debate in Issue #21 of No Compromise?  It
examines whether or not "reform" campaigns help or hinder our movement
in the fight for  animal liberation.  Now we’re looking for YOUR
feedback!  Send us letters (250 words or less) commenting on the debate
(or anything else in the issue).

No Compromise is here to give each activist a voice, by creating a forum
in which we all can exchange ideas to build a stronger, more effective
movement. We cannot do this without you, though!  We need your articles,
artwork and ideas. We are currently accepting submissions for Issue #22.
The deadline for submissions for this issue is August 17. (Submissions
received after this date will be considered for publication in future
issues.)

***

No Compromise Submission Guidelines

No Compromise always welcomes submissions from activists. Please send us
your artwork, photos and writing! We reserve the right to edit
submissions for length if the recommendations are not followed (see
below), but will contact you prior to publication if you provide us with
contact information.

Recommended lengths for submissions:
- News: 400-600 words
- Commentary/Opinion: 500-700 words
- Letters: 100-250 words

If you have a news brief/alert, press release or event announcement, it
should be e-mailed to briefs at nocompromise.org. If you are not submitting
a completed news story, please be sure to include contact information so
that a reporter can reach you for further information. All other
submissions should be e-mailed to submit at nocompromise.org.  If possible,
please send your article as an attachment in a Word or text document.

Submissions may also be sent via postal mail to:

No Compromise
740A 14th Street #125
San Francisco, CA 94114

Please send a SASE if you would like materials returned.

Please be sure to include the following with your submission:
- Title
- Subtitle
- Author Name (as you would like it to appear in the magazine)
- Group Affiliation (as you would like it to appear in the magazine)
- Mailing Address (so we can send you a free copy of the magazine when
it's out!)

Please feel free to include a SHORT closing paragraph at the end of your
  article outlining your title,  your organization and your contact
info, if you'd like readers to be able to contact you directly.

Also, please send photos! We'd love a photo of you (either a candid or
an 'action shot') or a photo that relates to the article you are
writing.  Photos should be 300dpi and .psd, .tif, or .pdf formats are
preferred.

***

Now Available! No Compromise Issue #21!

This issue is packed with news on the latest happenings from the
grassroots animal liberation movement. Included in this issue:

- Factory Farming Focus: Interview with Jim Mason, coverage of the UK's
       incredibly successful campaign against live exports, and more.
- Debating Abolition Campaigns versus Reform Campaigns
- Behind Bars: Dave Blenkinsop
- Henry Hutto: Gone But Not Forgotten
- Dealing with Disruptive Behavior
- Ballot Battle
- Shadow Activist: Planning and Stealth for Safety on the Jobsite
- and much more!

Every issue of No Compromise contains the latest  news  from worldwide
grassroots animal liberation organizations, Animal Liberation Front
action updates, activist interviews, special focus sections, useful
‘how-to’ information and commentary. No Compromise is published
quarterly and produced entirely by activists for activists.

Subscription Rates (One Year)

* $15 Regular Subscription/Renewal
* $10 Student/Low Income
* $20 Outside the U.S.

To get your one-year subscription, send a check or money order to us at
the address below, or use Paypal (www.paypal.com) to send us money at
nc-info at nocompromise.org. (When using Paypal, be sure to specify that
the money is for a subscription.)

Checks should be made out and sent to:
No Compromise
740A 14th Street #125
San Francisco, CA 94114

No Compromise is dedicated to unifying the grassroots animal liberation
movement by providing a forum in which  activists can exchange
information, share strategy, discuss important issues within the
movement, network with each other in an open and respectful environment
and strengthen the grassroots.

NOTE TO UNINTENDED RECIPIENTS - This message is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited.
Nothing within this message should be construed as endorsing, promoting or
abetting any illegal or unethical activity.

*** Send administrative requests and issues to galan-committee at lists.resist.ca
***

----- End forwarded message -----