AR-News: (US) PETA, residents need to be patient

Animalconcerns Info info at animalconcerns.org
Mon Jul 28 08:01:05 EDT 2003

[opinion from Mansfield News Journal]

The issue: PETA officials and area residents are concerned the charges
against an 18-year-old, who lit a dog on fire, are not harsh enough.

Our opinion: Although the man was not charged with cruelty to animals, he
does face other charges, such as arson, which is a felony. We believe the
community and PETA should be patient, let justice takes its course.

We appreciate the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals expressing
concern about a dog killed in Mansfield. But we are confident local
authorities will do the right thing in this case.

PETA officials recently wrote a letter to the Richland County Prosecutor's
Office, urging it to file all applicable charges against an 18-year-old
man who allegedly doused a dog with gasoline and set it on fire.

full story:
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/news/stories/20030728/opinion/540987.html

Your Portal to More News Headlines, AR-News on the Web, Events, E-Mail
Lists, Jobs, and Organizations! Try searching for the news item on
Animalconcerns! http://www.animalconcerns.org/