AR-News: Letter: Humans could use some animal traits

jim robertson wolfcrest at
Sun Jul 13 18:21:39 EDT 2003

Humans could use some animal traits

In reference to the letter about helping humans before animals, I have owned
and loved four cats and two dogs in my life. To me they were family members.
They gave me unconditional love. These animals were faithful to me because I
treated them right.

Humans often pretend to be our friends to gain social status, financial
help, job advancement or maybe just to go for a swim in your pool. Animals
don't judge you on your attractiveness, finances, popularity, athletic
ability, etc. They judge you on how you treat them.

I'll support animals financially as long as I'm able to do that.

Pat Paggett
Spokane, WA

If Veganism has a prime value, it is simply that life-respecting compassion
overrides individual issues of custom, convenience, comfort or cuisine.
     Stanley M. Sapon, PhD