AR-News: US - Issues Put on Hold at Young Republicans Convention as Board Meeting Fails Quorum Test

Orville A Knudsen oak at waste.org
Fri Jul 11 14:52:40 EDT 2003

Issues Put on Hold at Young Republicans Convention as Board Meeting Fails
Quorum Test
http://mensnewsdaily.com/archive/newswire/nw03/talonnews/0703/newswire-tn-071103d.htm

QUOTE:

BOSTON (Talon News) -- The national board meeting of the Young Republican
National Federation (YRNF) failed to take place at this week's convention
on Thursday morning, postponing a vote on regional changes until later in
the week.

The biggest attraction so far, however, is a table set up by the
organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

"People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals believes that everybody,
including Republicans, needs to understand what happens to animals in all
forms of exploitation," PETA's representative told Talon News. "We're here
to educate people about the plight of animals in factory farms, slaughter
houses, circuses, fishing, etc. And again we think that these people
should be just as receptive as everybody else."

PETA's representative said he felt that once delegates understand PETA's
basic message that "animal abuse is wrong," they will be influenced.

--
http://www.waste.org/~oak/