(US) Activist offers expertise to save strays

Animalconcerns Info info at animalconcerns.org
Wed Jun 18 05:03:04 EDT 2003

[from San Bernardino Sun]

San Diego man trying to help Rancho shelter become no-kill facility

RANCHO CUCAMONGA - Michael Arms remembers the moment he dedicated his
life to helping animals.

He lay bleeding in the street, drifting in and out of consciousness,
when an unlikely savior came to his aid.

An injured shepherd-terrier mix, near death itself, licked him back
to consciousness and allowed him to get help.

"I realized at that moment that animals show humans more compassion
than we will ever be able to show one another,' Arms said. "I knew
then that I would work as hard as I could to show them that same
compassion.'

full story:
http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~1461176,00.html