Greek Animals--Marijo Gillis TV Debut, Invitation From Greek Government

DTanzer16 at aol.com DTanzer16 at aol.com
Sun Jun 15 19:54:23 EDT 2003

PLEASE CROSS POST

Forwarded Message:

PLEASE CROSS POST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marijo Gillis" <TwinkiePerkyEbby at msn.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 11:47 AM

2004 ATHENS OLYMPICS - GREEK ANIMALS RACE FOR THEIR LIVES
SUPPORT AN OLYMPIC BOYCOTT

Marijo Anne Gillis - Founder
WAG-New York (Welfare for Animals in Greece - a Lobby Group)

Dear friends:

If you remember, on May 17th I produced and participated in a radio program
detailing the animal atrocities in Greece.  It was also taped for TV and
will be aired at 5 pm today on cable channel 25.  I am so happy to tell you
also, that I have been issued a formal invitation by the Greek government to
attend meetings in Athens next week with the Mayor of Athens, the Minister
of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of Agriculture and the Director of the
Athens 2004 Olympic Organizing Committee.  Dianne Aldan from GAR-Canada will
fly to NYC and we will depart NYC for Athens together.

Please keep us in your good thoughts and prayers during this time.  I vowed
that one day I would once again help all the animals I left behind in Greece
when I left my marriage after 14 years.  This battle I am waging is for
those killed but still loved and missed, those animals, companion and farmed
who are existing in a living nightmare and for those blessed souls who will
unfortunately be incarnated into this living hell called Greece.

There will be a major press conference in Athens and I hope to be articulate
enough (it will be in Greek so I hope my memory bank comes through for me)
and passionate and poignant enough to move them to action and stir some
compassion in those cold, hard hearts.

Write One simple line:
We will Boycott the Olympic Games and travel to Greece the Cradle of
Devastation ,as well  as everything Greek if vicious animal abuse and
willful neglect does not end once and for all.

Embassy at greekembassy.ca
grpressny at yahoo.com

Love,
Marijo