Save our kangaroos from cruelty and exploitation

=?windows-1255?B?8e7j+A==?= rumsiki at netvision.net.il
Tue Jun 3 23:34:07 EDT 2003

From: animalsadvocates at yahoogroups.com

Save our kangaroos from cruelty and exploitation
http://www.thePetitionSite.com/takeaction/918445067

Save our kangaroos from cruelty and exploitation
TO THE HONORABLE THE SPEAKER AND MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
ASSEMBLED IN PARLIAMENT:

This Petition from citizens of the world community draws to the attention of
the House of the Australian Commonwealth Government assembled in Canberra,
ACT 2600, the intolerable and untenable cruelty to and suffering of
kangaroos and their joeys, inherent in the commercial kangaroo industry.
Night after night, shooters disrupt the rich, complex, family structured
mobs, where females educate their young and alpha males fight for the right
to pass on the best genes, according to universally accepted scientific
dogma of natural selection.
It is the largest unmonitored massacre of wild animals in the world and
threatens the very survival of our wild kangaroos; an icon loved the world
over.

The National Symbol of Australia, endearingly known as Skippy, is a good
will ambassador without equal and has the right to exist free from fear,
pain, suffering and exploitation in his native land.

The Australian Government should recognize and appreciate that the
importance of the kangaroo to the ecological and economical health and
prosperity of the country cannot be overestimated.

The citizens of the world therefore request that the Government of Australia
brings an immediate end to the commercial slaughter of kangaroos.